Last night, Barry and I went shopping for some patio furniture. I told I’m we could only get the table if I was allowed to put it together! Being handy gives me some feeling of accomplishment. I get really proud when I can put things together. So after a lovely table was assembled, I learned that Blueberry Craisins, besides be addicting, are really good in yogurt!
With internet and Photoshop and the ever evolving technology, its hard to figure out what’s real and what’s just a joke.
I mean, think about it… How many times has Morgan Freeman died or McDonald’s twitter account been hacked?
I saw this breakfast sandwich and thought it was a spoof on Paula Deen, in the midst of her recent dealings in the court. Needless to say, when I walked into Dunkin, I couldn’t believe they actually had a bacon and egg sandwiched between a glazed donut! (Paula is famous for her burger between two Krispy Kremes).
Barry and I have been talking about this sandwich for days, now, and he finally gave into temptation this morning on our way to the shore.
Barry didn’t think the flavors meshed, so naturally I had to try it. I promptly corrected his blasphemy. The saltiness from the bacon and sweetness from the glaze… I held the sandwich for a hot second and was still tasting glaze on my fingers 30 minutes later! That glaze gets everywhere!
While Barry was driving, I searched this breakfast sandwich, only to find some other interesting food combinations all of the world.
Some items that I found interesting and dangerously tempting to try:
- We have a local farm that makes bacon ice cream. I’ve had it and its not super impressive, but you still can’t take away how decadent bacon, ice cream, fudge, and caramel sound together!
- The Carl’s Jr. Breakfast Sandwich sounds right up my alley. I won’t lie to you… whenever I get BK breakfast, which isn’t very often, I always put my tots on the sandwich! Carb on Carb!
- Hardee’s Monster Biscuit is like a breakfast meat-lovers paradise! The only thing missing is scrapple!
- 100×100 Burger is so unrealistic! Who thinks of this? I just want to point out that the only person that might be able to eat this whole thing is Joey Chestnut, and I would want an EMT on standby to revive him after his cheese induced heart attack. (by the way… 1 slice of cheese is around 80 calories… thats 8000 calories of cheese, alone!)
- Um, mac and cheese buns… with mac and cheese… and bacon… and more cheese…. and mayo… Zombie Burger has really done it!
- Speaking of Mac and Cheese… the mac and cheese pizza is tasteless from CiCis. I had it when the the company first opened and was not impressed with anything from the menu.
- After seeing everything that you can fry at the stand in Seaside, I’m not impressed with the KitKat Pops from the Pizza Hut in the Middle East.
- (Slide 2) The ‘Merica Burger just looks like a heart attack.
- (Slide 5) A Sloppy Joe on a Krispy Kreme! I dig sloppy joes because they are, well, sloppy… I can only imagine the pairing of sweet donut to the tangy sauce…
- (Slide 9) Sonic’s PB and Bacon Shake= Instant obesity. Check out the sugar content! 82g of sugar and 79g of fat!
- (Slide 16) BK Japan puts pumpkin on some buns with a nut sauce. The concept sounds delicious in spite of the pumpkin being fried, but, hey, maybe this will be the next BeWell make over!
- (Slide 23) When I was a kid, stuffed crust pizza was my jam. Now, Pizza Hut UK has a hot dog stuffed crust. After looking up the nutritional facts, I may have to dabble in a homemade version, because the concept just sounds too good!
Barry shared this with me. I’ve heard of the Tur-Duck-en, but this is a whole new level of crazy!
So much for this being a healthy living blog…